Chicken and Broccoli Quiche
Servings: Makes two quiches 〉〉 Serving size: ⅙ of quiche
You will need
- 2 (9-inch) pie crusts, baked
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat or skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- ¾ cup cooked chopped chicken
- 9-inch pie crusts
- Low-fat or skim milk
- Salt and pepper
- Low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
- 10-ounce packages frozen broccoli
- Small onion (optional)
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 245
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 153mg
- Sodium 360mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 15g
Excellent source of vitamins A and C; good source of calcium
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Bake pie crusts according to package directions.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Place frozen broccoli in microwave. Cook according to package directions. Pour off liquid. Let cool. Squeeze broccoli to remove more water.
- Layer meat, vegetables and cheese into baked pie crusts. Pour mixture over ingredients.
- Bake at 350oF for 30-40 minutes or until top is browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Use thermometer to be sure temperature of quiche reaches 160oF.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Make two quiches. Freeze one for later.
- To lower fat and calories, prepare in a muffin tin without crust for a perfect size serving. Freeze leftovers for quick breakfast or snack.