Chicken and Rice Skillet
Servings: 6 〉〉 Serving size: ¾ cup
You will need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice*
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup chopped olives
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- *Brown rice provides more fiber than white rice
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Brown rice
- 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Total Carbohydrates 19g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 22g
What to do
- Place oil and celery in large skillet and cook until tender; add sliced chicken.
- Stir and cook until chicken is done, about 15 minutes.
- Add rice and diced tomatoes with green chilies and cook until heated through.
- Add olives and cheese.
Be food safe
Handle raw poultry as little as possible to prevent foodborne illness. Washing chicken is not recommended because it can spread bacteria.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.