Chicken and Rice Skillet
Servings: 6 〉〉 Serving size: ¾ cup
You will need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice*
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup chopped olives
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- *Brown rice provides more fiber than white rice
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Brown rice
- 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Total Carbohydrates 19g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 22g
What to do
- Place oil and celery in large skillet and cook until tender; add sliced chicken.
- Stir and cook until chicken is done, about 15 minutes.
- Add rice and diced tomatoes with green chilies and cook until heated through.
- Add olives and cheese.
Be food safe
Handle raw poultry as little as possible to prevent foodborne illness. Washing chicken is not recommended because it can spread bacteria.