You will need
2 chicken breasts
3 cups of water
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ onion, thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
One 15-ounce can of hominy, drained and rinsed
1 lime, cut into wedges
What to do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the chicken and water and bring to a boil for approximately 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- When cool, shred the chicken and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, oregano and pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the chicken and hominy and simmer until heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.