Servings: 8 〉〉 Serving size: 1 slice
You will need
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread (day-old bread is easier to use)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Skim milk
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Whole-wheat bread
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 180
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 92mg
- Sodium 210mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Dietary Fiber 7g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 9g
What to do
- In large bowl, beat eggs with a fork, add milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat together until well mixed.
- Melt margarine in large skillet on medium heat.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time in egg mixture to coat both sides.
- Place in hot skillet. Brown on each side, about 2 minutes or more.
- Serve with pancake syrup or fruit sauce or applesauce.
If recipe makes more than needed, freeze and save. French toast can be reheated in microwave, toaster or toaster oven. Top with fresh fruit. Serve with cold non-fat or low-fat milk.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.