Servings: 12 〉〉 Serving size: ½
You will need
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in natural juice, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can mandarin oranges in natural juice, drained
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes (cut in half, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Canned pineapple chunks in natural juice
- Canned mandarin oranges in natural juice
- Seedless grapes
- Lemon juice
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 50
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates 14g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 11g
- Protein 1g
What to do
- In a large serving bowl, combine pineapple chunks, oranges, banana, apples and grapes.
- Pour lemon juice over fruit chunks. Toss to coat.
Get children involved
Children are more willing to eat healthy foods when they help prepare them. Show children how to clean fruit, cut (use plastic knives with young children), measure and stir.
Be food safe
- Buy fresh fruit without mold, cuts or bruises.
- Wash all produce under cool running water. Don’t use soap, detergent or bleach to clean produce. Fruit and vegetable washes sold in stores are expensive and unnecessary.
- Refrigerate peeled or sliced fruit. Fresh whole fruit can be stored on counter/table.