Servings: 6 〉〉 Serving size: ½ cup
You will need
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced beets
- 1½ cups beet liquid (beet liquid from can plus water to equal 1½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- Canned sliced beets
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 120
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 430mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 1g
What to do
- Mix flour, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in beet liquid, vinegar and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened; add beets and heat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
Be food safe
- Do not buy canned food that is rusted, punctured or dented at the seams. There may be small, invisible holes that would allow bacteria to enter.
- Commercially canned foods can be stored for about two years. Storing cans longer causes loss of quality.
- Never use cans that are leaking, bulging or have a foul odor when opened. These are signs of C. botulinum toxin (botulism), which can be deadly.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.