Light Chicken Salad
Servings: 6 〉〉 Serving size: ¾ cup
You will need
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless grapes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ¼ cup lemon nonfat yogurt*
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- Lettuce leaves or other salad greens, washed
- *Nonfat yogurt is used instead of additional mayonnaise to lower calories and fat content.
- Seedless grapes
- Lemon nonfat yogurt
- Salt (optional)
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Lettuce leaves or other salad greens
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 200
- Total Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 115mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 10g
What to do
- Combine chicken, grapes, pecans, celery and onion in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add yogurt and mayonnaise. Toss to mix.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve over lettuce leaves. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Be food safe
Like other poultry, raw meat or fish, bacteria can be found on raw or undercooked chicken. To prevent illness:
- Do not rinse or wash chicken because that spreads bacteria. Cooking will kill the bacteria.
- Cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165°F to kill bacteria. Use a meat thermometer to tell when it is done instead of relying on the color.
- Freeze raw chicken that you do not plan to cook within one or two days of purchasing it. Freezing doesn’t kill bacteria; bacteria are destroyed by cooking.
- Refrigerate leftover cooked chicken right away.
- Eat or freeze leftover cooked chicken within three to four days.
- Add other fruits, such as dried cranberries or chopped apples.
- Add some crunch with sliced almonds or chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Serve chicken salad on top of sliced or whole ripe tomatoes.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.