Mexican Deconstructed Sweet Potatoes
You will need
1 chicken breast
2 tablespoons olive oil
One 14.5 ounce can tomatoes, diced, undrained
1 bell pepper (any color), thinly sliced
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
2 large sweet potatoes, washed and diced (¼ to ½-in)
Jalapeños, sliced thin
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Red onion, chopped
What to do
- Cut up chicken breasts into small pieces.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté chicken until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers and taco seasoning and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and cook covered for approximately 10 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Spoon the sweet potatoes onto plate and garnish if desired.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.