Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breast
Servings: 4 〉〉 Serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
You will need
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme or paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Frozen spinach
- Low-fat cream cheese
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive or canola oil
- Thyme or paprika
- Salt (optional)
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 320
- Total Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 106mg
- Sodium 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 30g
What to do
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- Combine spinach with cream cheese.
- Make slice in center of chicken to make a pocket.
- Stuff chicken breasts with spinach and cream cheese mixture.
- Brush tops of chicken breasts with olive or canola oil. Season with thyme or paprika and salt (optional).
- Bake chicken at 375oF until reaches internal temperature of 165oF (about 35-40 minutes). Check center of spinach and cream cheese mixture and thickest portion of chicken breast with meat thermometer.
Be food safe
- Keep raw poultry and juices from touching foods that will not be cooked, such as salads.
- Store poultry in refrigerator in leak-proof bag or container, so that juices do not drip on other foods and inside refrigerator.
- Keep poultry refrigerated at a temperature of 40oF or below. If you do not cook poultry within 1-2 days, freeze at 0oF or below.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.